Spicy Potato And Spinach Sag AlooFrom dredzykins 8 years ago
- 7-9 medium sized potatoes of your choice, cut into quarters shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tumeric or cumin (or both) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli/chilli poweder (or more if you like it hot!) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds shopping list
- fresh spinach (it's up to you how much) shopping list
- water for boiling shopping list
- plenty of vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Boil your potatoes until they are just cooked through but not soft.
- while this is going on, chop garlic and measure out your herbs
- heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat
- add the garlic and spices
- drain the potatoes once they are ready and put them in the pan as soon as the garlic begins to turn brown
- turn up the heat a little!
- once the potatoes are crisping up a bit, add the spinach. i like to cut it into ribbons first
- as soon as the spinach has wilted, turn off the heat and serve immediately!