Grilled Beef SaltimboccaFrom askksk 7 years ago
- Filets: shopping list
- 4 6 oz beef tenderloin filets, butter flied shopping list
- 4 slices prosciutto ham shopping list
- 4 slices provolone cheese shopping list
- olive oil to coat skillet shopping list
- Mushroom sauce: shopping list
- 4 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 lb button mushrooms or sliced white mushrooms, washed shopping list
- 1 cup medium dry red wine shopping list
How to make it
- Lay butter flied tenderloins open and top with a piece of ham, than a piece of cheese. Fold tenderloin shut like a sandwich.
- Heat a grill or put olive oil in a wide sauté pan over medium to medium-high heat and cook beef to the desired redness (about
- 8 minutes each side for medium). If cooking on a stove top, cover the pan to cook the middle. Serve with mushroom sauce.
- Mushroom sauce:
- Warm the olive oil over medium-heat; add the minced garlic and cook slightly (do not let garlic brown). Turn heat up to medium-high. Add the mushrooms; a little liquid will leak out from the mushrooms, and they will appear wet. Keep on medium-high heat until the water starts to reduce and the mushrooms start to soften. Add red wine and salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook on medium-high heat until wine is also reduced and sauce starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste again.
- May be reheated. Serve over tenderloin filets. Makes about 2 cups.
The Cookaskksk LOUISVILLE, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!