Layered Sweet Potato and CranberryFrom kytigger 7 years ago
- 4 large sweet poatoes ( about 3 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter, melted shopping list
- 1 Tbs brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 to 45 minutes or until tender
- Drain; let cool slightly
- Peel and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange half of potato slices in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cranberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour orange juice over top.
- Cover bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- Combiine walnuts, butter, sugar and cinnamon; stir well
- Sprinkle mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered 10 additional minutes