Cherry Ice Cream CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 2/3 C. heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 1 (11 oz) pkg. milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 pints cherry or cherry vanilla ice cream, softened, divided shopping list
- 3 C. crushed shortbread cookies, divided shopping list
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream softened shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over low heat until butter is melted; remove from the heat. Add chips; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until sauce is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile line the bottom and sides of a 9x5x3" loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spread 1 pint cherry ice cream into prepared pan, sprinkle with 1 cup cookie crumbs. Top with vanilla ice cream. Freeze for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Spread with 3/4 C. chocolate sauce, freez for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cherry ice cream, sprinkle with 1 C. cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze for 4 hours.
- Transfer remaining sauce to microwave safe dish; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove dessert from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using plastic wrap, remove dessert from pan; discard plastic wrap. Press remaining cookie crumbs into sides. Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. Warm reserved sauce in microwave, serve with ice cream cake.