Sausage and PeppersFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 6 (4-ounce) links turkey italian sausage shopping list
- 2 cups (1/4-inch strips) green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup (1/4-inch strips) red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup (1/4-inch strips) yellow bell pepper shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free pasta sauce (such as Healthy Choice) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 6 cups hot cooked penne (about 3/4 pound uncooked tube-shaped pasta) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; cook 8 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Remove from pan; cool slightly. Cut sausage into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Wipe pan with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Place pan over medium-high heat. Add peppers; sauté 6 minutes. Add sausage; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add sauce; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add mozzarella, stirring until melted. Place 1 cup pasta in each of 6 shallow bowls; spoon about 1 cup sausage mixture over each serving. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon Parmesan.