Quebec TourtiereFrom charrm1 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb ground pork shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp savory shopping list
- 1/4 tsp celery seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- pie pastry for the top and bottom of pie plate (homemade or commercially bought) shopping list
How to make it
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan except the bread crumbs. Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring often to break up the meat. Remove from heat.
- Add a few spoonfuls of bread crumbsm let stand 10 minutes. If fat is sufficiently absorbed by the bread crumbs, do not add more. If not, continue in the same manner (adding more until all the fat is absorbed)
- Cool and pour into a pastry-lined pie pan. Cover with pastry. Bake in a 400 degrees F oven until the top is well browned and the dough is cooked on the bottom. Serve hot with ketchup on top.
The Cookcharrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!