Apple Glazed Game HensFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 4 Cornish game hens,13/4lbs. each shopping list
- 1Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1tsp dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,minced shopping list
- 3/4tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 onion,cut into 8 wedges shopping list
- 1/3c apple jelly shopping list
- 2 Tbs. marsala wine or cranberry juice shopping list
- apple wedges,parsley sprigs,optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Place hens in large roasting pan. Combine oil,seasoning,garlic,salt and pepper;rub over hens. Place 2 onion wedges in each hen cavity. Roast hens 1 hour.
- Meanwhile,in small pot,combine jelly and wine; over med heat,cook,stirring occasionally until thickened,3mins. Cool
- Brush jelly mixture over hens;continue roasting until no longer pink near bone.10-15 mins. Remove from oven;let stand 10 mins. If desired,garnish with apple wedges and parsley sprigs.