Chicken In White Wine SauceFrom ocergm 7 years ago
- 4 chicken thighs with bone and skin, trimmed of excess skin and fat shopping list
- poultry seasoning shopping list
- 2 Tbs.. of olive oil or canola oil shopping list
- 10 cloves of garlic halved length wise shopping list
- 1 Cup of white wine shopping list
- 3/4 Cup of chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 Lb. of mushrooms thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 Stalks of celery slice diagonally in 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and pat dry trimmed thighs. Sprinkle and rub on generous portion of poultry seasoning. if you don't have poultry seasoning you can substitute salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a heavy bottomed frying pan big enough to hold the 4 pieces of chicken and 2 Cups of liquid.
- Cook chicken skin side down until it is golden brown. Do not turn over. About 5 minutes.
- Reserve chicken to plate. Remove all but 2 Tbs. of oil from pan and add celery and garlic. Saute until soft and lightly browned. About 4 minutes.
- Add wine and rosemary and simmer until liquid reduces about 1/2.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 1 Minute. Place chicken back in pan skin side up. Liquid should not cover chicken. Add mushrooms to liquid surrounding the chicken.
- Simmer partly covered until chicken is done, 35 to 40 minutes. Chicken will be done when an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- When done divide broth and vegetable mixture evenly among 4 large warmed shallow bowls.
- Top each bowl with a piece of chicken skin side up over divided broth and vegetable mixture.