Pumkin Yogurt Chocolate Chip MuffinsFrom leiasuzanne 5 years ago
- 1 3/4 cup ( 15 oz. can) pureed pumkin, or fresh steamed acorn squash (about half a large squash) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine or applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups white flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour ( can use 4 cups all-purpose if no whole wheat) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or just dump a bunch like I do!) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts ( optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 (maybe 350 for you, my oven cooks high)
- Cream together pumkin (or squash), brown sugar, margarine, yogurt, and eggs until well mixed. If using steamed squash, be sure to allow it to cool before adding so it does not cook your eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients except the nuts and chocoalte chips.
- Mix 3 cups of the dry ingredients into the wet, then add as much of the 4th cup as necessary to achieve the proper consistency ( moist, but thick enough to have a spoon stand up in). Add nuts and chocolate by stirring in.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups or bread pan. Bake on center rack until toothpick comes out clean. Muffins 20-25 minutes, full sized loaves between 50 minutes and an hour.