Beef and Mushroom Thai NoodlesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 pound medium Thai rice stick noodles shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts divided shopping list
- 5 green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup sautéed beef shopping list
- 1 cup chopped black mushrooms shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 cayenne peppers ground then soaked in 2 tablespoons vinegar and drained shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chopped peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Soak rice noodles in cool water for 1 hour then drain.
- Rinse half the bean sprouts in water then cut green onions in half.
- Cut bottoms into slices and cut tops into 1” strips then set aside.
- Heat oil in wok then add beef and a little water.
- Add mushrooms and stir 30 seconds.
- Add presoaked noodles to wok and cook over high heat.
- Add previously soaked bean sprouts, fish sauce, vinegar, tamarind juice and sugar.
- Stir fry until noodles become brown from the sauce and are tender.
- Add onion top strips then turn over a few times and place on serving plate.
- Garnish with unsoaked bean sprouts and remaining onion bottoms.
- Add cayenne peppers and peanuts.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!