Red Clam Spaghetti sauceFrom dianamae 7 years ago
- 2 6 1/2 oz. cans chopped clams shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 28oz. can tomatoes, undrained, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red oeooer shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 16 oz.. vermicelli or thin spaghetti shopping list
How to make it
- Drain clams, reserving liquid. Set aside.
- In 3 quart pan, heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until tender but not brown.
- Add reserved liquid, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, red pepper and thyme. Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Add clams to sauce and heat thoroughly.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce, serve immediately.
The Cookdianamae Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!