Chocolate Strawberry Port CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup port wine divided shopping list
- 2 eggs separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 pint fresh strawberries stemmed and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream whipped and sweetened shopping list
How to make it
- In double boiler over simmering water melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate in 1/3 cup port.
- Stir and cool then beat egg yolks with 6 tablespoons sugar until thick and pale.
- Gradually beat in chocolate mixture then mix in flour and remaining chocolate.
- In another bowl beat egg whites with remaining sugar just until stiff.
- Gradually fold into chocolate batter then pour into greased and floured round layer pan.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes then cool in pan 5 minutes and loosen and invert onto plate.
- With back of spoon press shallow indentation into center of cake.
- Toss strawberries with remaining port then spoon into center of cake.
- Pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!