Baked Potato SoupFrom missym 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Carnation Evaporated Milk shopping list
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved shopping list
- Cooked and crumbled bacon (optional) shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional) shopping list
- Sliced green onions (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bake potatoes (I use microwave method listed at end).
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Scoop potato pulp from 1 potato (reserve potato skin); mash. Add pulp to broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potato(es); add to soup. Heat through.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Top each serving with bacon, cheese and green onions, if desired.
- To Microwave potatoes: Prick each potato liberally with a fork. (If you don't, they will explode.) Place potatoes on paper towel in microwave. Cook on high for approx. 5 minutes per potato. (I always have to cook mine longer than directed.)