potato stuffed rotisFrom sweetelvengurl 6 years ago
- 2 medium sized potatoes- boiled and mashed shopping list
- 2 cups of flour(whole wheat/Apf) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground toasted cumin shopping list
- salt shopping list
- optional- red pepper flakes shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- in a mixing bowl mix flour and oil and water till a soft dough forms, you can add or reduce water, but a soft dough should be formed, not too dry and not too sticky, you may oil your hands slightly to prevent sticking.
- let dough rest
- in another bowl mix together mashed potatoes, salt, pepper flakes, ground cumin, onions and chopped cilantro.
- divide dough up into balls and roll out into 3 inch rounds with a rolling pin
- spoon 1 tbsp of potato mixture and roll up the dough to seal in potato mixture....repeat until all the dough is used up
- flatten the rolled up balls with a rolling pin to about 1/2 inch thick, being very careful to not tear the dough as to let the filling spill out.
- cook on a heated fry pan with a little bit of butter, untill golden brown on both sides
- serve warm with a drizzle of melted butter and a sprinkle of salt/pepper by itself, or with a nice curry.
The Cooksweetelvengurl Rocklin
- Not added to any groups yet!