California Apricot Pecan WafflesFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz.) California apricot halves shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- Heat waffle iron. Drain and dice apricots; reserve 1/2 cup syrup, set both aside. Combine yogurt and reserved syrup; set aside for topping.
- Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg yolk, vanilla, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in apricots and pecans.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and continue beating until firm peaks form and egg whites are shiny. Stir 1/4 of egg whites into waffle batter. Fold in remaining egg whites. Measure 2/3 cup batter for each waffle.
- Cook about 4 minutes. Serve with reserved yogurt topping.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!