Pumpkin Cake With Molasses Cream Cheese IcingFrom mellybelly 6 years ago
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups (500 mL) granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups (750 mL) pureed unsweetened pumpkin shopping list
- 2 pkgs 8 oz (250 g) each brick-style cream cheese shopping list
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fancy molasses shopping list
- 3 cups (750 mL) icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Reserve. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease two 8-in (23-cm) or 9-in round cake pans.
- Combine oil and sugar using electric mixer; mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Still mixing, add eggs, one at a time. Increase speed to high and beat for 2 minutes. Add dry ingredients in 3 additions, scraping down bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition. Stir in pumpkin.
- Scrape equal amounts of batter into each cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes; remove and cool to room temperature on rack.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth. Add molasses and half the icing sugar. Mix on low speed until combined. Add remaining sugar and mix until combined; increase speed to high and beat for 1 minute or until very smooth.
- Spread just enough frosting over bottom layer to cover well. Top with second layer and spread top and sides with remaining frosting, swirling frosting to decorate.
- Top with desired garnish; pumpkin seeds, sprinkles, chopped up skor bar....etc.