Perfect Winter Beef StewFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing shopping list
- 2 lb. beef for stew, such as chuck roast, cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb. potatoes, peeled, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- POUR dressing over beef in shallow glass dish. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large saucepan on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from saucepan; discard drippings. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- ADD mushrooms and onions to saucepan; cook on medium-high heat 10 min., stirring occasionally. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Add beef, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broth and bacon to saucepan; stir.
- BRING to boil, stirring occasionally; cover. Simmer on low heat 1 hour 30 min. or until meat is done and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally and removing the lid for the last 15 min..