Chicken in Garlic Feta and Lemon SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 4 pounds chicken cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a Dutch oven heat oil and saute chicken in batches over medium heat turning occasionally.
- Continue cooking and turning until golden brown on all sides then season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan then add garlic and cook stirring for two minutes.
- Pour in wine then sprinkle with dried oregano and stir in cheese.
- Add enough stock to come 2/3 of the way up side of chicken then bring to boil.
- Cover and transfer pan to oven then bake covered for 1 hour.
- Turn chicken pieces then add three tablespoons lemon juice and bake 30 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken to a heated plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Reduce sauce on top of stove over high heat until thickened.
- Whisk in butter and pour sauce over chicken the sprinkle with oregano and serve at once.