Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom sallykd 8 years ago
- 1-cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1-teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ mashed ripe banana (about 1 large) shopping list
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats shopping list
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together flours, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put butter and sugars into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Mix in banana.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined stir in oats, chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheet halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 12-13 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in airtight containers up to 2 days.