Pina Colada CheesecakeFrom askksk 6 years ago
- 2 envelopes (1 Tbsp ea) unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 can (6 oz) pineapple juice shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 3 large packages (8 oz ea) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark rum (or 2 tsp rum extract) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 cans (8 oz) crushed pineapple in syrup shopping list
- 2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- coconut crust: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Crust: Combine ingredients. Mix well. Press mixture evenly over bottom and up side of a 9 inch pan. Chill. Fill with filling.
- Filling: Mix gelatin and 1/2 cup sugar in saucepan. Add pineapple juice. Let stand until gelatin has softened. Place over low heat; stir until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat. In large bowl, beat egg yolks well. Gradually beat hot gelatin mixture into egg yolks. Let cool. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add to gelatin mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in rum and coconut extract. Refrigerate gelatin mixture to chill. Stir frequently as mixture thickens. When gelatin mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites, remove from refrigerator. In large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. While beating add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time, until whites hold stiff peaks. Fold egg whites into thickened gelatin mixture. Turn into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Topping: Combine ingredients in saucepan. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sauce boils and thickens slightly. Chill. Spoon sauce over top of cheesecake.
The Cookaskksk LOUISVILLE, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!