Three Mushroom Meatloaf With Pepper GravyFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 teaspoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 8 ounces assorted wild or button mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 egg slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- pepper gravy: shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red yellow or green bell pepper shopping list
- 12 ounce jar beef gravy shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion then cook and stir 3 minutes then add mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook and stir 8 minutes then remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, thyme, pepper and mushroom mixture.
- Mix lightly but thoroughly then shape mixture in loaf on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours and meanwhile prepare gravy.
- In medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat until hot then add bell pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp tender then add gravy and thyme and heat through.
- Carve meatloaf into slices then serve with gravy.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!