down home with the neelys lasagnaFrom xoxorobertaxoxo 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for pan shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) jar tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded mozzarella shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded Cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.
- In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and saute meat, onion, and garlic until meat is browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
- Drain pan of fat and add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, then mix in cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and seasoning salt.
- Spread a little of the meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Lay half the noodles in the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping by 1/2-inch.
- Spread half the egg and cottage cheese mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle half the mozzarella and Cheddar evenly over the cottage cheese mixture.
- Pour half the meat sauce on top.
- Repeat layering in same order. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan on top.
- Bake in center of oven 30 to 35 minutes until sauce is bubbling around the edges.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving
The Cookxoxorobertaxoxo Saint Peters, MO
The Rating3 people
* Hello *
I missed the 'Show' when the 'Neelys'
made this recipe, so I am pleased that you
chose to post it! I do think that it is a
~*~ mjcmcook ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Thanks, I can't wait to try it. I love trying out different lasagna recipes...it's so versitile!meals4abby in Valders loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!