Sauerkraut CasseroleFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1 pound mild italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch slices shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 apples, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed shopping list
- Snipped parsley, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the apples, sauerkraut, water, brown sugar and caraway seed.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Garnish with parsley if desired.