Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip RecipeFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon each ground ginger and cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pumpkin DIP: shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 cups pumpkin pie filling shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add molasses; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill overnight.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For dip, beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add pumpkin pie mix; beat well. Add sugar, cinnamon and ginger; beat until smooth. Serve with cookies. Store leftover dip in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 20 dozen (3 cups dip).