Pears Baked In Red WineFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Choose a baking dish large enough to hold pears in one layer.
- Add wine, sugar, allspice, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean and bay leaf to baking dish.
- Stir just until sugar is partially dissolved.
- Cut a thin slice from bottom of pears so that they will stand upright.
- Place pears in wine mixture and spoon some wine over them.
- Place pears in oven and bake until syrup begins to boil and thicken about 50 minutes.
- Baste pears three or four times with wine mixture while baking.
- Serve at room temperature with wine syrup spooned over each serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!