Orange-Beef Tofu Stir FryFrom pamela 9 years ago
- 1 (16 oz) package firm tofu, liquid removed, cut into strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp chili paste shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a wok, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium-high. Put 1/4 cup of cornstarch in a dish then press the slices of tofu into the cornstarch; coat all sides. Stir-fry in the wok for 5 minutes, or (until a golden brown). Then, drain the tofu on some paper towels. Wipe the wok clean after it has cooled. Combine the orange juice, soy sauce, orange juice, sugar, water, chili paste, and cornstarch in a bowl; stir until smooth. Now, in the wok, heat the left over tablespoon of oil, and stir-fry the carrots until tender. In the center of the carrots, make a well, pour in the sauce and bring to a boil. Stir the tofu into the wok. Continue cooking until the tofu is coated with sauce. Serve.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!