Louisiana Shrimp Boil With Spicy Horseradish SauceFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 lemon, quartered shopping list
- 5 tablespoons Creole or cajun seasoning shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cayenne, divided shopping list
- 2 Turkish bay leaves or 1 California shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 8 small boiling potatoes (about 2 inches) shopping list
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and halved shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp in shell shopping list
- 1/3 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bottled horseradish shopping list
How to make it
- Squeeze lemon juice into 4 qt water in a 6- to 8-quart pot, then stir in lemon quarters, Creole seasoning, 2 teaspoon cayenne, bay leaves, garlic, potatoes, and 2 tablespoons salt (omit salt if it is the first ingredient in seasoning).
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are almost tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, then add corn and simmer, partially covered, 4 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together ketchup, mayonnaise, horseradish, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cayenne.
- Drain shrimp, potatoes, and corn and serve with sauce.