String Beans in Tarragon PestoFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 pound string beans or French beans, tipped and blanched, drained and cooled shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 bunch tarragon, leaves only shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled shopping list
- grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 purple onion, halved, thinly sliced shopping list
- julienned zest of 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Make the string beans:
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add the string beans and salt; cook 7 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Drain, then place in a bowl of ice water; drain again and place in a bowl.
- Make the pesto:
- Place the tarragon, garlic, grated lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- Add the olive oil with the motor running; process until the mixture is emulsified.
- Toss the beans with the pesto, onion, and julienned lemon zest.
- Serve within 30 minutes.