Three Spice Cake With Figs and OrangesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 cup almonds shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 4 figs shopping list
- 2 large oranges shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then place butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow it to cook after melting until lightly browned and emitting a nutty scent about 8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow the browned butter to cool.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Toast almonds in a 350 oven for 14 minutes then finely grind them and add to flour mixture.
- Set aside then reduce oven to 300.
- Pour browned butter into a mixer equipped with a whip attachment.
- Add sugar and whip on high speed then add eggs one at a time at 30 second intervals.
- Continue to whip then fold dry mixture into butter egg mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside then cut hard stems off figs and cut each fruit lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- Using a sharp knife trim tops and bottoms off oranges then cut all peel and pith from flesh.
- Section oranges by cutting between each membrane and removing each wedge of fruit.
- Fold the fig wedges and orange sections into the batter.
- Prepare a round cake pay by greasing with butter and dusting with flour then tapping out excess.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on rack and when cool invert onto serving dish and dust with powdered sugar.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!