Red Velvet CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
- 1/2 c. shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 unbeaten eggs shopping list
- 1 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 oz. red food color shopping list
- 3 Tbsps. cocoa shopping list
- 2 1/4 c. flour (plain) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Make a paste of cocoa, food coloring, cream shortening with sugar and egg.
- Combine measured sifted flour with salt, add with buttermilk and vanilla to creamed paste.
- Fold in vinegar and soda (stir vinegar and soda with toothpick before mixing with cake) pour batter in 3 8 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5 Tbsps. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cook flour and milk till thick.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add to sauce and beat well.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating3 people
Southern Cooks553 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Choco Lovers137 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members