Chocolate Brownies with Ice Cream amp Chocolate SauceFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- For the Brownies: shopping list
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 13 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts shopping list
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream shopping list
- For the Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream shopping list
- 6 1/2 ounces semisweet (dark) chocolate, cut into small pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square cake pan.
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, eggs, cocoa powder, flour and vanilla. Add the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- Heat the cream until it is just about to boil. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Let stand for 10 minutes before stirring until smooth.
- When cool, remove the brownies from the pan and cut into 8 rectangles. To serve, slice the ice cream into 4 rectangles, the size of each brownie. Place between 2 brownies and serve immediately with Chocolate Sauce on top.