Indian Spiced Rice PuddingFrom bostonmargy 8 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup jasmine or other white rice shopping list
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp cardamom shopping list
- 1 tsp mace blades (or 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground mace) shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- salt, to taste (I used 1/4 tsp) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan bring water, rice, cardamom, mace, cinnamon and salt to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, making sure rice doesn't stick.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla and cook another 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Serve warm or cold. Will thicken as it cools.