Sweet Potatoes in Coconut MilkFrom peggy_cookingfool 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, finely minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely minced shopping list
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. fish sauce shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into med. cubes shopping list
- 1 Tbs. cliantro, minced shopping list
How to make it
- In a small frying pan toast coconut and set aside
- Heat oil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for 3 minutes until tender. Add coconut milk, brown sugar, fish sauce and pepper flakes; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture to a boil; add potatoes. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 45 minute to a hour until potatoes are tender. Stir potatoes occasionally. Transfer potatoes to a shallow serving dish with slotted spoon.
- Increase heat to high; boil remaining sauce until thick, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle with cilantro and toasted coconut.
The Cookpeggy_cookingfool White Swan, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!