Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Caramel SauceFrom kytigger 8 years ago
- Pudding shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk 15 ounces canned pure pumpkin shopping list
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 10 cups 1/2 inch cubes egg or French bread (about 10 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- caramel sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, then whisk in all remaining ingredients except bread and raisins. Fold in bread and raisins.
- Transfer to lightly buttered 2-quart baking dish and let stand 15 minutes,.
- Bake at 350 degrees forabout 40 minutes or until the tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with warm caramel sauce and if you like topped with spiced whipped cream.
- Caramel Sauce
- Whisk brown sugar and butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat until butter melts.
- Whisk in cream and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth about 3 minutes.
- TIPS:Use fresh rather than stale bread – it will more easily soak up the pumpkin-infused egg and milk mixture. If the bread is crusty, think about removing the crust before tearing into cubes. For texture contrast, top with a few toasted pecans. If you bake ahead of time, reheat the pudding before serving. The sauce can easily be made in advance, then reheated.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating6 people
To heck with just around holidays.... make it year round!!!! LOL! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Wonderful recipe!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
YUM!! ;9angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!