APPLE PIE CAKEFrom bamamom 8 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1 can Comstock apple pie filling, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9x13x2 inch pan.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil. Stir in flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Stir in drained apples and chopped nuts.
- Mix only until combined (some streaks can remain). To avoid a tough cake, do not over mix.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake tests done at 350F.
- Remove cake from oven and brush top with butter while still warm; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Variation: Cake may be sprinkled with a cinnamon-butter streusel and chopped nuts or thinly sliced apples just before baking.