Rice With Mussels MidopilafoFrom migobgr 7 years ago
- 2 c long grain rice. shopping list
- 1 kg mussels without shell (frozen will do if you don't find them fresh) shopping list
- 1 c small shrimps shell and tail of. shopping list
- 1 big onion chopped. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic chopped. shopping list
- 1 big tomato chopped. shopping list
- 1 hot pepper chopped. shopping list
- 1 sweet pepper chopped. shopping list
- 3 tbs olive oil. shopping list
- 1/2 c white whine (whine...no cooking whine)! shopping list
- 3 c water and 1 cube for chicken or fish broth, mussels give of liquid themselves. shopping list
- 6 drops tabasco (optionnal). shopping list
- 2 tbs dill chopped. shopping list
- 3 tbs parsley chopped. shopping list
- 1ts mint chopped. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Put mussels in a a colander and wash them under cold streaming water till the water becomes clear and drain.
- Heat oil to medium and cook onion 5 min till soft add garlic , cook 5 min more, add tomato and peppers and cook another 5 min.
- Boil water with cube.
- Add rice and cook and stirr till glassy, add whine and cook stirr 5 min pan without lid.
- Add broth, stirr herbs, shrimps and mussels in till well mixed.
- Lower heat to low, cook lid closed, till liquid is absorbed, stirring regularly so that the food will not stick to the bottom of the pan, ( ca 15 min).
- Taste with salt, pepper and tabasco.
- Close heat and and let pan stay (but keep stirring),ca 5 min, serve with cold whine or beer and a mixed green salad.