English butter cake for ChristmasFrom pickledickle234 7 years ago
- 250g butter, creamy shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups (250g) sugar shopping list
- 5 egg yolks shopping list
- 5 egg whites shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cognac (French brandy) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence shopping list
- 3 cups (360g) flour shopping list
- 1 cup (110g) cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup glacé fruit, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup (225g) raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the egg yolks, cognac and vanilla essence.
- Sift together flour, cornstarch and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Mix the chopped fruits in a bowl and fold in 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir into the batter.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture, until well blended.
- Pour the batter into a well greased and floured loaf tin and bake in a moderate oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool over a wire rack.
- It can be prepared and stored or frozen, wrapped in plastic food wrap when still warm.
The Cookpickledickle234 Richman, CA
The Rating5 people
This sounds great I sent you a friend request cause you always have new wonderful Recipes so I would like to keep in touch and notified lol.happychild in Pembroke loved it
Yummommywholovespandas in Springfield loved it
Oh so good! It will be a nice addition to my Christmas baking....63 days to go you know!!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!