Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Quick BreadFrom m11andrade 6 years ago
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 T. sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 t.baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) cold butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 c. shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and bacon. Add combined milk and egg; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake 45 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.