Spiced Chocolate Chip Pecan PieFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 refrigerated pie crust(from 15 oz. box),softened as directed on box shopping list
- 3/4c lt. corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2c sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbs butter,melted shopping list
- 1tsp. gr. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4tsp gr. nutmeg shopping list
- 1tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1c coarsely chooped pecans shopping list
- 1c semi-swet chocolate chips(6oz) shopping list
- 1tsp shortening shopping list
- whipped cream,if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325.Place pie crust in 9" glass pie plate as directed on box for one crust filled pie.
- In large bowl,beat corn syrup,sugar,butter cinnamon,nutmeg,vanilla and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in pecans and 3/4c chocolate chips. Spread evenly in crust lined plate. Cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 30 mins. Remove foil;bake 15 to 25 mins longer or till pie is deep golden brown and filling is set. Cool 15 mins.
- In small microwaveable bowl,microwave remaining 1/4c chocolate chips and the shortening uncovered on High 1 min;stir till smooth. Drizzle chocolate over top of pie. Seve pie warm or cool. Top each serving with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
- Tip: Flavor whipped cream with a little brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon.