Almond Shortbread CookiesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup (30 grams) almond flour (meal) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) rice flour or cornstarch (corn flour) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Flaked almonds for decorating the top of the shortbread (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) with the rack in the middle of the oven. Have ready a 6 inch (15 cm) tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until smooth (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract
- . In a separate bowl whisk
- together the flours (all purpose, almond, and rice) and salt. Add this mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and beat just until incorporated.
- Press the shortbread dough evenly into the tart pan. Prick the surface of the shortbread with a fork to prevent the shortbread from puffing up. Using a sharp knife, score (make shallow lines) the top of the shortbread into 8 even pieces. Gently press the flaked almonds in a decorative pattern on the top of the shortbread.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until it is nicely browned (biscuit color), about 60-70 minutes. Transfer shortbread to rack and cool for five minutes before removing from tart pan. Place the shortbread round on a cutting board and cut into 8 wedges (along the lines scored). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes 8 shortbread wedges. Shortbreads make a wonderful accompaniment to ice creams and ices, and Fruit