Fruit CakeFrom cholena 7 years ago
- THIS IS A FOOL PROOF RECIPE . YOU CAN ADJUST THE MEASUREMENT . JUST ADD RIGHT ENOUGH flour TO HOLD THE fruitS TIGHT . shopping list
- 100 g Plain flour shopping list
- 100 g self raising flour shopping list
- 100 g butter shopping list
- 150 g molasses or light corn syrup ( for light coloured cake ) shopping list
- 250 to 350 g dried fruits cooked in fruit juice ( light coloured fruits like golden raisins for light coloured cake ) shopping list
- 50 g water shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp spice pwd shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 eggs , beaten shopping list
- brandy ( optional ) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C .
- Line a loaf or 18 cm pan with baking paper ( I use foil to prevent the cake from browning )
- Grease them .
- Melt the butter and sugar .
- Add the water , soda , spice and fruits .
- Once it starts to boil , simmer 1 minute.
- Cool it completely . ( Its important )
- Add the well beaten egg , flour and salt .
- Mix well and pour into the greased pan .
- Bake for 60 mins or more until the skewer inserted comes out clean .
- OPTIONAL :
- Spike the cake with few tbsp of brandy every few days until it reaches the flavour you prefer .
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating4 people
I like fruitcakes, this sounds great!magali777 in Mexico loved it
wow looks nice!!saramathew84 in Dubai loved it
g8888888888 cholena. I love fruit cakes.cherryflower70 in Dibrugarh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!