Cabbage Potato SoupFrom koswald8 6 years ago
- 2 or 3 tblsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 head napa cabbage thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 large potatoes sliced in 1/4 inch pieces, peel on shopping list
- 1/2 lb cooked pork sausage (I used Gourmet Signature roasted red bell pepper and carmelized onion sausage) shopping list
- 1 can black eyed peas drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp dried marjoram shopping list
- 2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- pinch of allspice shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil
- Add chopped potatoes and large pinch of salt and cook on medium high covered until softened, about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in onion and garlic. Cook until onion starts to turn clear.
- Add stock, canned black eyed peas, cooked sausage and spices. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cabbage and cook until it has softened, about 10 more minutes.
- Salt to taste. You'll need more or less depending on whether you used homemade or canned stock.
- Serve up topped with Parmesan cheese.
- This is a hearty soup and is great with some crusty bread. It makes great leftovers, as we found it tasted even better the next day.