Pasta with Homemade Alfredo SauceFrom johannaf 5 years ago
- 16 oz. dry pasta (fettucine noodles or bow ties work well) shopping list
- 1 stick butter (no substitutions) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 3 cups shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- Optional add-ins: sliced mushrooms; cubed, cooked chicken or ham shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, cook pasta per package directions until al dente; drain and return to same pot to keep warm, making sure the burner is off.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a wide skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions and garlic (and optional add-ins, if using). Cook, stirring frequently, for two minutes.
- Add whipping cream and boil rapidly until slightly thick, and large, shiny bubbles form on top, about two minutes.
- Pour creamy mixture over previously cooked pasta, and gently stir to coat pasta.
- Add 1-1/2 cups Parmesan shreds and gently stir to coat.
- Add 1 more cup of the cheese, salt & pepper, and stir again to evenly distribute seasonings.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over top just before serving.
The Cookjohannaf Pearland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!