Chocolate Orange Mascarpone PieFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- cookie Crust: shopping list
- 24 chocolate cookie wafers shopping list
- 1/4c unsalted butter,melted shopping list
- 1/3c orange marmelade shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 10 oz sem-sweet chocolate,broken up shopping list
- 3 tubs(8oz ea) mascarpone cheese,room temperature shopping list
- 1/3c confectioners sugar shopping list
- 3Tbs orange liqueur or orange juice shopping list
- 1/4tsp salt shopping list
- 1 lg. seedless orange(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Crust: Heat oven to 350. You'll need 9" pie pan
- Pulse cookies in food processor until fine crumbs;add butter and process till blended. Press mixture evenly into bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake 12 mins.;cool on wire rack.Spread marmelade over cooled crust.
- Filling: Microwave chocolate in glass bowl,15 seconds at a time,stirring till melted. Gently mix mascarpone,sugar,liqueur and salt in large bowl just till blended(do not stir too much or mix will curdle). Fold in melted chocolate till no white streaks remain.
- If desired,put 1/2c chocolate mixture in a small ziptop freezer bag and snip off a tiny corner;reserve for garnish. Spread remaining chocolate mixture in cookie crust. Chill at least 2 hours till firm.
- Garnish: Cut orange in 1/4" thick slices. Drain on paper towels,cut each slice in half,twist ends and arrange on pie. Pipe little dollops of reserved filling on orange twists to help secure. Serve at room temperature.