Cottage Cheese CasseroleFrom blueeyes68ky 6 years ago
- 1 pkg. noodles (flat, shell, or any others are fine) shopping list
- 1 large can tomatoes, mashed with fork (optional) shopping list
- 1 lb. mushrooms (fresh, preferably) shopping list
- 1 lb. ground round (boneless chuck is fine and if you're trying to economize, ground beef shopping list
- 1 qt. creamed cottage cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add liberal quantities of salt, freshly ground peppercorns, oregano, balil, fresh garlic. (I prefer to brown my ground beef or round and drain off fat before putting into the casserole with other ingredients).
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or 2 hours at 200 degrees, depending on your schedule.
- Stir several times.
- This can be reheated, frozen, eaten cold or hot---makes a wonderful dish for large parties, or hungry teenagers, as well as smaller children.
- This recipe is for busy Moms with young children and is suitable for people 8 months old and up.
- Makes 4 servings.