Lamb Koftas With Spicy Dipping SauceFrom bismyno1 5 years ago
- 500g (1lb 2oz) lean minced lamb shopping list
- finely grated zest 1 lemon shopping list
- finely grated zest 1 orange shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- large handful fresh coriander, finely chopped shopping list
- large handful fresh mint, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon harissa (find it in the spice and sauces section in supermarkets) shopping list
- olive oil, for shallow frying shopping list
- FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE shopping list
- 250 ml carton natural yogurt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon harissa shopping list
- squeeze of lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint shopping list
How to make it
- Put all the kofta ingredients, except the oil, into a large bowl. Season and mix well. Shape into 20 small balls, Slightly flatten to prevent rolling while cooking.
- Heat theoil in a frying pan and fry half the balls for 2 minutes each side. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining half.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the dipping sauce ingredients and season. Arrange the kofta balls, some on cocktail sticks, in a bowl and serve with the sauce.
- FREEZE AHEAD
- Make the kofta balls as in step 1. Put on a baking tray and freeze, uncovered, until solid. Pack into a freezer bag or freezerproof bo and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge for 3-4 hours, cook as for Step 2 and serve with the sauce.