Cranberry BreadFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 4Tbs unsalted butter,melted plus more for the pan shopping list
- 2c flour(spooned and leveled) plus more for pan shopping list
- 1c packed lt. brown sugar shopping list
- 11/2tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1 lg. egg,lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 bag(12 oz)cranberries shopping list
- 1Tbs turbinado sugar,for topping(optional) shopping list
- 3/4c whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350;butter and flour a 9x5" loaf pan(8c capacity) and set aside. In a large bowl,whisk together flour,brown sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt;set aside. In a medium bowl,combine butter,egg and milk. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and whisk to combine. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan;sprinkle top with turbinado sugar,if desired. Bake till toothpick inserted near center comes out clean,about 1hour and 15 mins. Transfer pan to a wire rack;let bread cool 30 mins. Invert onto rack,then imediately turn right side up to let cook completely.