Turkey Pot Pie with Shepherds CrustFrom kytigger 6 years ago
- 4 tbsp butter, divided shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cups leftover mixed vegetables, strained or fresh vegetables, diced shopping list
- 2 cups leftover turkey, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper shopping list
- 2-3 cups leftover mashed potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in saute pan on medium heat. Add onion and fresh vegetables, if using, and saute until soft.
- In small sauce pan, melt remaining butter on medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in the milk and heat through until sauce begins to thicken. Add poultry seasoning, salt and white pepper.
- Combine white sauce, vegetables and turkey in large bowl. Transfer to pie pan and use a spatula to level.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe mashed potatoes on top until fully covered. If pastry bag is not available, cover with an even layer of mashed potatoes and use the back of a spoon to create peaks.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until potatoes have turned golden brown and the edges are bubbling.