Thai Glass Noodle SaladFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 ounces dried mung bean noodles (cellophane noodles) shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 whole chicken breast, boned, skinned and coarsely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 fresh red or green chile, such as serrano, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 3 shallots, peeled, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves shopping list
- 6 ounces cooked bay shrimp shopping list
- Thinly shredded lettuce, such as iceberg shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crisp-fried shallots - optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Put mung bean noodles in a bowl and pour in lukewarm water to cover.
- Letsoak until soft and pliable (about 15 minutes).
- Add noodles to alarge pot of boiling water.
- Reduce to medium heat; cook until noodles are
- plump and glasslike (3 to 5 minutes).
- Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Cut into 3- or 4-inch lengths.
- Pour oil into a hot wok or skillet.
- Add chicken; saute until it loses its pink color.
- Break into small morsels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool.
- Mix together chile, lime juice, nam pla, sugar, shallots and cilantro; pour over noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken, shrimp and chilled noodles; mix well.
- Serve on a bed of thinly shredded lettuce.
- Garnish with the optional crisp-fried shallots. ( avialable in Asian markets)
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
agree, sounds wonderful!herby in Albany loved it
Asian Fusion111 members
Salads Galore254 members
Thai Food218 members
South East Asian14 members
Asian Foods233 members
Cilantro Lovers130 members
Chicken Please144 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members
Chicken Little166 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members