Hot German Rice SaladFrom m11andrade 7 years ago
- 8 strips of bacon shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. celery seed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pimentos shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups hot cooked rice shopping list
- 1 hard-cooked egg, diced shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of bacon drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, celery seed, salt and pepper to drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for one minute.
- Stir in pimentos, green pepper, onions, rice and bacon.
- Garnish with the egg (and a sprinkle of parsley.if you like!).